Thursday, January 1, 2009

anyRemote: java mobile phone remote control for Linux




Recently I found a very useful tool called anyRemote which converts a mobile phone with IR or Bluetooth in to a remote control for a Linux box. It is an opensource Sourceforge project also privides a repository for ubuntu
I was searching a workaround to use remote control facility of my Sony Ericsson w700i phone with my Ubuntu intrepid. Then I found this tool which supports many different types of phones and it is not dependent on whether you have a remote control with your phone.
With following the documentation I was easilly able to configure the setup and now I can control my audacious player remotely.
It provides facility to song control as well as volumen control and viewing the play list.

1 comment: